My current research include questions concerning transformation semigroups and permuation groups in various incarnations, often arising as automorphisms or endomorphisms of model theoretic structures. In particular, I am interested in universal words and sequences, Sierpinski rank, and topological generation. I am also intersted in Thompson like groups, Fraïssé limits, computational algebra, and computational genomics.
jj252 [at] st-andrews [dot] ac [dot] uk
- (with J. Hyde, J. D. Mitchell, and Y. Péresse) ‘Universal sequences of groups and inverse semigroups’, preprint.
- (with S. Troscheit) ‘Asymptotic behaviour of transformation semigroups’, preprint.
- (with J. D. Mitchell, and M. Pfeiffer) ‘Parallel algorithms for computing finite semigroups’, submitted to Portugalia Mathematicae; arXiv.
- (with J. D. Mitchell) ‘Topological 2-generation of automorphism groups of countable ultrahomogeneous graphs’, Forum Mathematicum (2016) 0 (0); – ; DOI; arXiv.
- (with C. Bleak and C. Donoven) ‘Some isomorphism results for Thompson like groups Vn(G)’, to appear in Israel Journal of Mathematics; arXiv.
- (with J. Hyde, J. D. Mitchell, and Y. Péresse) ‘Universal sequences for the order-automorphisms of the rationals’, Journal of the London Mathematical Society (2016) 94 (1): 21 – 37; DOI ; arXiv.
- (with J. D. Mitchell) ‘A finite interval in the subsemigroup lattice of the full transformation monoid’, Semigroup Forum (2014) 89 (1): 183 – 198; DOI; arXiv.
- (with V. Gruslys, V. Mijovic, O. Ng, L. Olsen and I. Petrykiewicz) ‘Dimensions of Prevalent Continuous Functions’, Monatshefte fuer Mathematik, (2012) 166 (2), 153 – 180; DOI.
2016 – 2017
- MT1003 – lectures and computer microlabs
- MT2501 – tutorials
- MT2502 – tutorials
- MT2505 – tutorials
- MT2506 – tutorials and computer microlabs
- MT3503 – tutorials